You are not connected. Please login or register

bible discussion  » Your first category » Your first forum » Forgiveness

Forgiveness

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Forgiveness on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:54 am

Admin

Admin
TEXT:- Matthew 5 v 23-24.

"23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you,  24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift "NKJV

The issue of forgiveness is very important to anybody who wants to make heaven, and the devil has been using this means to hinder a lots of Christian, depriving them of answered prayers.
I am not going to discuss much, I want us to see three things that will happen to those who don't forgive, and please read some true life stories of people who forgave those who had done cruel things to them.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WHO DON'T FORGIVE

1. It hinders your prayers. in our text (Matt 5 v 23-24) we read that if you bring your gift to the alter, and there remember that your brother has something against you. DON'T PRAY, if you do you are PLAYING. UNTILL YOU GO AND TAKE THE INITIATIVE, Forgive him even if he is at fault. if you don't forgive, you have fallen into a trap.

2. Your offering will not be accepted. God want an offering from a clean heart. You can not keep your brother in your heart and keep God there at the same time. Your offering is an abomination.

3. You are not a child of God. We need to take the initiatives when it comes to forgiving our offenders. Jesus loved us (Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us) The bible says - First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.

BENEFITS OF FORGIVENESS

1. Your prayers are answered fast.
2. You will have peace in your mind
3. God will be reward you greatly
4. You will be and example to others
5. You have victory over sin.

#1
#"Harvey Thomas FORGAVE the man who tried to kill him. Harvey was the political advisor of the British prime minister Margareth Thatcher, when he was one of the victims of a bomb attack on the hotel they stayed in Brighton. After years Thomas felt the urge that he should forgive the man who put the bomb in the hotel. It’s a great story about forgiveness and reconciliation."

#2
#"Scarlett Lewis' son, Jesse, was killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, the biggest school shooting in U.S. history. At first, she said, she felt like her anger sapped all her strength and energy. She was angry at the shooter and at the mother for unwittingly arming him. But she made a choice to forgive.

She told The Forgiveness Project, "Forgiveness felt like I was given a big pair of scissors to cut the tie and regain my personal power. It started with a choice and then became a process." She urged mourners at Jesse's funeral to change their angry thoughts into loving ones, that thereby they might change the world"

#3
#"It was a cold night in February 2007 when the car holding Chris Williams and his family was hit by a 17-year-old drunk driver. Immediately, Chris checked on his children in the back seat and quickly realized his 11-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter had died. Then as he watched, his pregnant wife sitting next to him exhaled for the last time. Meanwhile, Williams was in so much pain he could barely move his arm to turn off his car's engine.

However, before he had even been rescued from his car, Williams told the Deseret News he had this thought: "Whoever has done this to us, I forgive them. I don't care what the circumstances were; I forgive them." He proved as good as his word, going on to publicly forgive his family's killer and developing a relationship with him and his family. Today, Williams is a motivational speaker, sharing his incredible story of healing and forgiveness and inspiring others to extend mercy and forgiveness as well."

"ONE OF THE HARDEST PART OF FORGIVENESS,IS TO FORGIVE THOSE WHO ARE NOT SORRY FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE"

God bless you.

http://www.bibledisc.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum